Of course there are a million and one things that can contribute to your acne. Here are a few SIMPLE tips that can help prevent the spread of bacteria which can cause even more breakouts.
1. Clean your phone. Your phone can harbor so much bacteria and germs. I mean, how many times have you set your phone down in the bathroom (hopefully not on the toilet) but maybe on the counter, dropped it on the floor, put it in your purse/bag, maybe your kiddos pick their noses and then play a game on your phone... you get where I'm going with this right??
2. Wash your pillow cases AND your pillows frequently. Also REPLACE your pillows often. The oils from your hair, the drool, and whatnot gets caught on that thing and will NOT make your skin happy.
3. Do NOT touch your face when you have a breakout! SERIOUSLY, DO NOT TOUCH your face. As much as you want to touch and pick at your pimples.... DON'T. Not only will you irritate those pesky pimples, you will spread the bacteria and can cause scarring or pigmentation from picking at them.
4. Ice your blemishes. To reduce the redness and inflammation you can ice your blemishes. Try sticking a spoon in the freezer for a few minutes, and then hold it on your face to reduce redness.
5. Tea Tree oil. Just a small amount of tea tree oil will penetrate the skin to unblock your oil glands, disinfect pores, and dry out whiteheads, blackheads, pimples and other blemishes. Try using a q-tip with the tea tree oil to lightly dab the blemishes. Do not use TOO much or you may dry them out and your skin may produce more oils to compensate and cause more acne!
6. No silicone based skin care or makeup lines. If you started using a new line of makeup or skin care products and think they may be causing your breakouts do this real quick.... check the ingredient labels on the back. Are you looking? Ok, any silicone based ingredients COULD be clogging those pores of yours and you may want to check with your esthetician (*at Salmon Valley Aesthetics) if your not sure what the ingredients list may be telling you, you may want to do a skin analysis and consultation (I will ask you to bring in your products/makeup). We will go through each product and try to find the culprit that may be clogging your pores and causing these breakouts of yours.
Now keep in mind this is a small list of things that can help prevent clogged pores and acne breakouts. If you are doing the things on this list, that is AMAZING. Thank you for taking those steps to take care of your skin. If not, this is a great place to start. When your ready to go beyond this list and get to the root of your breakouts, come see me or your local esthetician. You can get your skin analyzed, we look into your lifestyle, skin care routine, etc and we will help you come up with a game plan to get you back on track to having healthy beautiful skin.